Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Beginning at the end

   And so it begins at the end, an apt avenue to roll out the Alphabet Conspiracy.
      {maybe conspiracy's too strong [possibly not]}
   But for those whose name begins with the last letter, we do pause.
   Just who decided that the glorious Z should come at the end?
   No doubt a cabal of Aarons and Andersons {those vermin} with their B and C friends, cared not one whit that they would be banishing generation after generation of Wallaces, Youngbloods and Zimmermanns to the back of the classroom.
  In case you hadn't noticed (and how could you?) it's tough to see the chalkboard from all the way back there!
  And with all those other purported Alphabet-superior beings clogging up the view and distracting us {Q before Z?!!!! Gimme a freakin' break}, it's no wonder there's a dearth of  X, Y and Zers on the Fortune 500 list ... there must be a correlation and it smells of random discrimination. I'll wager Anderson Cooper will not be investigating this one.
   Another 'go to the end of the line' disgrace I had growing up was that I am a tall person, so whether by name or height, I always was last to be processed, recognized or released from class.
  And, of course, all the new mid-term kids would be sent to the back of the classroom to keep us company, filling the vacancies that would flank us, deepening the perception that we were somehow ... "less than."
  Again, I dunno if it's a conspiracy per se, but I'd wager Ambercrombie and Blair and some other Cretins muscled in at the head of the table when the order of the letters was spelled out.
   But I'm not bitter.

No comments: