Sunday, June 20, 2010

Every day is Father's Day

   For those of you dudes who are childless, this won't make any sense. For the rest of us we know how fortunate we are. Despite all the fears, tears, frustrations and limitations, there is no greater sense of purpose that I have or will experience, than being a father; and I'm sure mothers will tell you the same.
   For myself, I can only say 'so far, so good,' as my daughter's health and behavior have both been quite favorable: she's happy and bright, full of questions, eager to learn.
   And being fortunate to be a father also affords me a perspective that, again, really can't be explained to those who don't have kids. I mean, she's actually teaching me more about myself than anyone else could be able to do, especially any adult.
   I'm just trying to take the advice that I have heard from those parents who have come before me: enjoy her now, she will grow up so fast.

No comments: