Flying First Class? I don't think so. If I flew First Class I would want to get on as late as possible, not be one of the first ones to board.
If you load the front of the plane first (which all airlines do) then all the slugs who are in the cheapest of seats all the way in the back are trundling past you with (especially now) oversized bags full of fast food and drinks that they just bought, bumping into you as they go by; or standing next to you with their possibly smelly arses because the loading process has screeched to a stop because an ever-shrinking octogenarian midway back is struggling on her tip-toes to stuff an oversized bag full of toys for the grandchildren into a too-small compartment way above her head.
This popped into my head when discussing the entry of homebuilder DR Horton into our community and that they are constructing homes from the back to the front. Doing so will spare the first homeowners in from the rumble and dirt of construction crews going past the already built home, constantly crudifying the inhabitants and their belongings.
Though I am not sure I would want to reside the farthest away from the entrance to a community, I am impressed with Horton's perspective on customer comfort. The airlines should take note. I remember when I was a kid traveling by air when the plane would have both front and rear doors operational for loading passengers, but I guess that was too convenient for passengers. But, of course, since 9/11 the airlines would never think about having more than one entry/exit on a plane for fear of terrorism.
With all the costs of operating an airline (not to mention just trying to keep the pilots sober) I'd say before long they'll be overspraying Greyhound buses, attaching wings and a tail, covering the windows with puffy cloud wallpaper and saying "Have a nice flight we'll be at our destination in three days."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment