Sunday, March 13, 2011

Martin Sheen's 'A-papa-clypse Now'

   Charlie Sheen has admitted he's alcoholic.
   Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's also got tiger blood and lives with goddesses. I guess that makes him feel as though he is God. But given his latest 'cooking show' adventure on the internet, his aura appears to be breaking up.
   Mr. Estevez protests too much regarding his disdain for Alcoholics Anonymous. He has repeatedly defended his drunken fiascoes as, "Oh, yeah, I overshot that one a bit," and "yeah, I overshot that one," in both his ABC interview and during his 'buddy chat' with Aspen pal Piers Morgan {Piers? What were his parents thinking? I bet he never got to eat his school lunch [although he appears to have made up for it since.]}.
  But I digress.
   Sheen's use of the word 'overshot' means that things did not turn out as planned; that he missed his mark; that he couldn't control how much he indulged. This is an admission, straight out, that he cannot control his intake. And if you repeatedly cannot control how much you drink, you are, by virtue, alcoholic.
   The other half of the main AA first step is admitting that one's life has become unmanageable. How's that working out for you, Charlie?
   If your definition of "winning" is having your children taken away from you then I'd look for some new language to describe your predicament. Do you think in any way that having your children taken away from you is managing your life? Just how did you manage to lose your children?
   And he's managed to be fired from his $1.8 million per episode show.
   No wonder Charlie hates AA with such derision, it is the truth and he can't (doesn't want to) handle the truth.
   The dude believes in the power of Charlie and there is no power greater than he ... in his deluded little noggin. If this keeps up he'll be a wet brain before he's 50, because each self-imposed abstinence from booze only brings the affliction back with greater force when alcohol is reintroduced.
   And what weirdness for dad, Martin Sheen, eh?
   Holy crap! His son has become his own apocalypse ... now — Charlie has become the delusional Col. Kurtz.
   "Horror ... Horror has a face ... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends." — Col. Kurtz
  “I have a 10,000 year old brain and the boogers of a seven-year old.” —  Charlie Sheen
   It's sad. I've always liked Charlie as a persona of sorts, but it's becoming painful to watch his show.
   I do not see how this ends well. Kinda like Libya.
   And I'm not going to spend any more time on this subject because one of these days this alleged clean Sheen is simply going to explode on the screen.

No comments: