![]() |
| stock photo from viral email |
I could yammer about how we are getting hammered by the cabal of Wall Street, Pennsylvania Avenue and the intersection of E Capitol NE & 1st NE streets in DC.
But I won't.
All I will say regarding the situation is to take a cue from the squirrel: hold on to your nuts tightly and keep a close eye on those who desire to snatch them. We're going to be screwed for at least some time and during this nasty phase people who need to separate you from your money in order to survive [the joy of capitalism] are going to up the ante.
One company that will never get another dime from me is, sadly, AT&T. Once a well-respected corporation and a highly sought gem for a stockholder, the company has simply become a joke — a bad joke that they seem to want to share with us [seemingly] every hour of the day.
I'm speaking of their current (and not so current, I've commented on this before) advertising campaign which does it's best to insult every potential customer.
Take a look here and here before reading the next paragraph.
Should my life ever come close to such nonsense as depicted in these ads I would hope that my family would be kind enough to have me institutionalized at the minimum.
A mobile phone review site even 'outs' AT&T by revealing that the company may claim 4G speeds, but their stable of handsets aren't capable of delivering service that's any faster than some 3G networks.
This is what we're going to have to deal with from now on.
It doesn't matter whether a seller delivers on its promises or even if such a product exists.
What counts is how many people 'like' you on Facebook and if you can continue to steal enough from mesmerized consumers to keep the stockholders happy.
Of course hanging on to your nuts will do nothing to improve the economy, but least you can maintain your dignity.


No comments:
Post a Comment