Courtney Love: I'd kill Kurt if he came back from the dead
... and I paused briefly, basking in the glow of the lone cogent thought this creature as belched since she was foisted upon the American psyche in late '80s.So I ignored the impulse to click the link and reverted my attention to the story regarding the Polish apprehension.
Way to go Polska!
Oh, wait, it seems the perpetrators were Polish nationals, a couple of punk extortionists who had moderate success up to this point.
But there was other crime news this week.
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah overturned a court ruling that had sentenced a woman to 10 lashes for driving a car. It seems the king is going to let the fairer side not only get behind the wheel but also vote for the first time ever ... starting in 2015. {Um, and the holdup is???}
The BBC reports: "In recent months, scores of women have driven vehicles in Saudi cities to put pressure on the monarchy.
The Saudi interpretation of Islamic law includes the guardianship system under which women need permission from a male relative to participate in public life.
However, correspondents say King Abdullah has struck a reformist stance since he ascended the throne in 2005, especially in regard to women's rights."
And lastly, Sir Paul McCartney has apparently married into the mob.
The fresh victim of the cutest Beatle, Nancy Shevell, is the daughter of a New Jersey trucking magnate. [nudge, nudge] She is an executive at her father's company, New England Motor Freight, [wink, wink] and a 10-year member of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority. [say no more]
CNN breathlessly reports that life-long Beatles fan and lobotomy candidate Chiara Amato said she had sat outside the local register's office every day since Sept. 29 in anticipation of the couple's wedding.
She said: "This marriage is going to last. She seems to be really nice and deeply in love with him. I have been listening to The Beatles since I was six-years-old. I have been to see Sir Paul in concert 27 times."
All I can say is "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da Blah Blah Blaaaaaaaah," and perhaps one day ... soon ... Sir Paul will simply ... um ... 'go missing.'

No comments:
Post a Comment