Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sir Paul, I wish I was friggin' deef

   First, I want to apologize to my loyal readers regarding the horrid state in which my Sept. 6 entry was initially published and implore you to revisit the piece, if you would be so kind. I would like to [partially] blame its pathetic publication on the fact that I had some [minor] back surgery last week and wasn't "quite myself," but that would be an excuse only a pathetic, putrid punk would make. Thank you for putting up with me.

   And now to this week's topic.
   No, I am not going to write any more regarding the 9/11 grief-fest, nor about last week's Obama drama nor the Republicans who are vying to unseat him [other than if Rick Perry becomes the next president of US that the suicide rate is bound to spike].
   No, this week I am to scribble about the greatest threat to stalk humankind for the last sixty-some years, Sir Paul McCartney.
   There are those who already believe he is dead, and judging by his 'art,' I cannot argue with them.
   All I can say is maybe it's time we spring Mark David Chapman to take another shot at the real fraud that stinks up the planet so we can all get some decent sleep.
   Two days ago I was trapped inside a CVS waiting for a prescription when, over the speaker system, came this drivel:

Listen To What The Man Said
Any time, any day
You can hear the people say,
But he won't mind, well, I don't know
But I say love is kind
Soldier boy kisses girl
Leaves behind a tragic world
But he won't mind, he's in love
And he says love is fine

Oh -- yes, indeed we know
That people will find a way to go
No matter what the man said
And love is fine for all we know
For all we know, our love will grow
-- that's what the man said
So won't you listen to what the man said
He said . . . . .

Oh -- yes, indeed we know
That people will find a way to go . . .

Oh -- yes, indeed we know
That people will find a way to go . . .
Etc. etc.

The wonder of it all baby . . . . .
The wonder of it all baby . . . . .
The wonder of it all baby . . . . .
 

   It took two days, a strong dose of Pink Floyd and a Backyardigans episode to blast it out of my brain.
   It must be hell being Paul McCartney and having to feed such an insatiable ego, but the Worst Beatle Ever must employ a phalanx of publicists to ensure that The Fabulous Fop gets his name insinuated into every possible crevice of what passes for news.
   For me the cementing jump the shark moment for the cretin minstrel came 11 years ago during a VH1 Fashion Show (naturally). Of course, I didn't watch the crap but was forced to read about the crap while deciding not to run the crap as 'news' when I worked on the copy desk at the Dayton Daily News, although, it didn't stop The New York Times. His daughter, Stella, was given an award for her fashion design and, surprise, surprise, her daddy had to stroll out into the limeylight and present her with her prize as he revealed a T-shirt which read, "It's about friggin' time."
   Paul McCartney is the single-most example of the subversive cult of personality/no artistic value which has been strangling modern society for decades. Elvis Presley? Even though he shamelessly stole music from uncompensated black American musicians, at least he could sing and shake his ass. I doubt 'Macca' could ever even find his ass.
   Don't believe in the McCartney Menace? I challenge you to read these next lyrics and then try to put two credible sentences together:

                                  *************************
Goodnight Tonight
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo,
Oo-oo-oo.
Oo-oo-oo,
Oo-oo-oo-oo.

Don't get too tired for love,
Don't let it end.
Don't say goodnight to love,
It may never be the same again.

Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything, don't say goodnight tonight.
Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything but don't say goodnight tonight.
Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything, don't say goodnight tonight.

Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything, don't say goodnight tonight.
Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything, don't say goodnight tonight.

Don't get too cold for love,
Don't pass it by.
Don't grow too old for love,
It's a feeling that may never die.

Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything, don't say goodnight tonight.
Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything, don't say goodnight tonight.
Don't say it, don't say it,
You can say anything but don't say goodnight tonight.

Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything, don't say goodnight tonight.
Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything, don't say goodnight tonight.
Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything but don't say goodnight tonight.
Oo - oo-oo-oo-oo.

Ah!
Oh no!
Ah!

Boogie woogie!

Don't get too tired for love,
Don't let it end. Don't say goodnight to love,
(don't say it, don't say it, don't say it, don't say goodnight tonight)
It's a feeling that may never end, oo -
(don't say it, don't say it, don't say it, don't say goodnight tonight)

Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything but don't say goodnight tonight.
Don't say it, don't say it,
Say anything, don't say goodnight tonight.
Don't say it, don't say it,
You could say anything but don't say goodnight tonight.
Don't say it, don't say it,
Don't say goodnight tonight.

(ah)

Ho!

-------------------------------

Ecce Cor Meum

Ecce Cor Meum
Behold my heart
Ecce Cor Meum
Behold my heart
There in the future we may be apart
Here in my music I show you my heart

Ecce Cor Meum
Behold my heart
Ecce Cor Meum
Behold my heart
There in the future we may be apart
But here in my music I show you my heart

Ecce Cor Meum
Behold my heart
Ecce Cor Meum
Behold my heart
When in the future we are apart
Music will show you my heart

Ecce Cor Meum
Behold my heart
In the future we may be apart
Here in my music I show you my heart
Ecce Cor Meum
Behold my heart
Ecce Cor Meum
Behold my heart
Ecce Cor Meum
Show you my heart
Music will show you my heart

Truth is only reality
Nature truly is what we are
Peace is only nature at rest
Love is our true nature
Love is all

Truth and nature bring us peace and love
Love is our true nature
Love is all
Love is our true nature
Love is all

Peace and love are all we long for
Peace and love
Truth is only reality
Nature truly is what we are
Peace and love are always our true nature
Love is all

Human nature, our true nature
Love at peace with nature
Human nature, human nature

Therefore every one of us
Has to find a strong foundation for a love
Help us find a strong foundation for a love

Although life sometimes is hard we still pull through
Without truth false shades nothing else remains
Without truth false shades nothing else remains
But still we are able to pull through
Even though we may have nothing else
Nothing ever remains
And then our feelings are threatened
Unless we can pull through
To the opposite side
Nothing else remains

-------------------------------
Eat At Home

Come on, little lady,
Lady, let's eat at home.
Come on, little lady,
Lady, let's eat at home, eat at home, eat at home.

Bring the love that you feel for me
Into line with the love I see,
And in the morning you'll bring to me love.

Come on, little lady,
Lady, now don't do that.
Come on, little lady,
Lady, now don't do that, do that, do that.
Ah, ah, ah.

Come on, little lady,
Lady, let's eat in bed,
Eat in bed, eat in bed.

                                  *************************

   Now about those two sentences. I mean schnizzle garble geeky geek, poopsie-poo diddly-doo.

No comments: