| Victoria Jackson in Tampa |
Well some overdose, some get shot by their wives and one occasionally picks up transvestites, but if you're Victoria Jackson you stay at home, raise your child and handspring into the political (circus) arena.
I casually nodded a welcome to Ms. Jackson (I didn't recognize her) when she asked if she could sit with me at a cafeteria table Tuesday during the Republican National Convention.
She looked slightly familiar and when she spoke I thought, "She kinda sounds like that bubble-headed blonde who used to be on Saturday Night Live."
I actually empowered the otherwise timid (and hungry) femme to watch my camera gear while I scooted off to snare some napkins.
When I returned, there was an intrepid young reporter (?) sitting at the table, scribbling madly as the blonde talked.
Sure enough, it was "that bubble-headed blonde who used to be on Saturday Night Live," aka Victoria Jackson.
She now hosts a web show called Politichicks on The Patriot Update site, billed as a conservative answer to The View. The show features Jackson, Ann-Marie Murrrell, Jannique Stewart and Jennie Jones.
After the 'reporter' left I gradually began to interact with Ms. Jackson and I asked her why she left such an iconic TV show. She explained that Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz and Phil Hartman we all leaving the show and she was going through a divorce and thought the time was right for a change in her life. (Reportedly some of the SNL cast members didn't care for Ms. Jackson's politics and pious nature.)
Reappearing a decade later, she drank what the Tea Party was serving and leaped into ultra-rightwing politics with meandering, obtuse descriptions of her rapid Red State revelations.
Jackson rose among the ranks of the outrageous with her unbridled love for Rush Limbaugh, Fox News and animus toward President Obama — as noted in one of her song titles, "There's a Communist Living in the White House."
Sooooooooooo, Jackson can still generate some laughs.... although I'm not so sure people are laughing with her.

No comments:
Post a Comment