Sunday, December 23, 2012

Okay, Mr. Zuckerturd, I'll bite

   Well, it's happened. I now have a Macebook account.
   I held out as long as long as possible but now that I work with a group who uses the 'social' media platform it was best for me to relent and take the leap.
   My initial impression? I could actually feel the time slipping away. It is deceivingly easy to use. So much so that you just keep pecking away and clicking this and that and suddenly everybody you ever knew and everybody who ever knew them begins sending you 'friend' requests until you're buried under a virtual avalanche of virtual potential relationships.
   I just don't have that kind of time and I have no idea how there is any productivity in this country as it is obvious a whole lotta people are interacting at work.
   I also don't trust the folks at Macebook so I am going to tread carefully in what information I share there.
   I will say that I have come across a few people who I had completely forgotten about and, yes, it's very nice to connect with them again. But as I mention on my profile page I am going to use Macebook as a launch to my other sites. (I'd rather gain Gnus to Ewes followers, quite frankly, in my quest for a 'virtual cult.')
   I'm going to go very slow with the Zuckmeister and see how I can make it work for work while not sucking the life and time out of me.
   I'll do it, but I'm not so sure I'll 'like' it.

No comments: