Jack Sprat could eat no fat.
His wife could eat no lean.
And so between them both, you see,
They licked the platter clean.
Apparently this rhyme was an English proverb from at least the mid-seventeenth century and appeared in John Clarke's collection of sayings in 1639 in the form:
Jack will eat not fat, and Jull doth love no leane.
Yet betwixt them both they lick the dishes cleane.
Why am I chattering on about some dusty old nursery rhyme? Well, my wife and I are set upon two polar goals: she's working on losing weight and I am working on gaining it. Both of us want to lose/gain 20-plus pounds, so we're in for a long haul and it should be quite, quite interesting. So far, she's seen much greater success than I, but I think we're both going to hit our targets.
There is one thing I will note that has threatened my goal and that is the price of food.
I have noticed in all the grocery stores that the only items they have on sale are aimed at dieters: there hasn't been a single (full-fledged) ice cream on sale since Jan. 1. It's all this reduced-calorie, low-fat, all-the-good-stuff-taken-out-and-replaced-by-water crapola that is offered at discounted prices — a flagrant conspiracy against thin people, and it is being executed in every grocery and drug store that exists.
In other Gnus, all I can say is Aaron Rodgers is a stud.
Now I realize these entries have never revealed any 'manly love' on my part, I feel quite secure in my manhood about my passion for dude's abilities on a football field. Win or lose today or in the Super Bowl, Aaron Rodgers is a stud (with a certain boyish grin, that when he flashes it ... {okay, okay that's quite enough}).
So later today I think I'll be moving furniture around, drinking milkshakes and screaming "Run, run, run you son of a bitch!"
Go, Packers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment