While nearly breaking a fingernail trying to crack open a bottle of Dove 'volume therapy' shampoo, the thought crossed my mind as, "Who in the &%*$! designed this piece of $^(&!*."
And then, as I began inspecting the bottle more closely I thought, "Ahhh," although the packaging designers at Unilever were probably thinking "Ahhhhhhhhh!" during the research phase.
Some MBAer and an engineer (one or both females) thought, "How can we extend the 'life' of this product," and came up with this shape to ensure that females {and those muscle-bound, towel-snapping mucho mas macho males who masquerade as heterosexuals} have an ultimately more pleasurable showering experience than the average person.
The engineering marvel also helps make room for Dove's absurd "Men + care" product campaign — which has had zero effect on me — allowing Unilever the freedom to blatantly design dildoic product dispensers (note photo) for the bulk of their market.
It's freaking shampoo, for God's sake.
I will buy what's on sale or what I can get a deal on [i need to rethink this method], because shampoo is not all that different, we are just led to believe that there's a measurable difference.
But don't tell that to anyone at Unilever or P&G or any of the other soap mongers, they're too busy dreaming up ways to, um, sassify their customers.
Too bad they haven't figured out how we're supposed actually access the product with a modicum of ease.
Side note: This week I noticed a gallon of gas and a gallon of milk cost exactly the same — $3.69 — and yet we continue to be told that 'at least inflation is under control.' Well, the reason economists can actually tell us that with a straight face is because neither gasoline nor food are included in the government's formula for tracking inflation. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment