Wow. Wouldn't that be the absolute weirdest development in a country known for weird politics?
But it won't happen as it appears ex-Gov. Romney is not a moron but merely a Mormon.
Speaking of Mormons, despite the fact that Jesus Christ is part of the formal name of the religious order, the perception of them remains that they are somehow 'not Christian.'
While I don't have a strong feeling for or against The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to allege that they are not Christians is simply stupid. The ghost that will always dog them is the out-dated practice of polygamy, which they ended in 1890. It seems the stigma of that practice will always rattle some nerves and is probably a big reason why Romney isn't attracting throngs of support.
![]() |
| Clasp (or clip) earrings do exist/aliexpress.com |
On a completely different front, the local Macy's Department Store continues to mystify me.
After being told in May that they had no jewelry boxes because "they're not in season," I was once again told this month that they had none.
None ... and yet they have display case after display case of jewelry. I had the urge to ask, "So where in the *&^% is one supposed to stash one's bling cache?" — but opted instead to ask another mind-blowing question, "Do you have any clasp earrings?" I swear I heard the clerk's brain grind to a stop as he looked at me as if I had two heads. I mean, is that such a bizarre request? Have I completely stepped off the planet?
I also inquired about a wristwatch with a clasp-type band and sent another clerk on a never-ending hunt through about one hundred offerings only to come up empty again.
I guess I'm not a Macy's kind of customer — I know what I want.
And women wonder why men hate to shop. I cannot imagine what it would be like to shop for more than one wife.
Update: The heretofore lead in the possible VP sweepstakes was always thought to be Marco Rubio, a Cuban-American Roman Catholic from Florida. But wait. It appears that before the age of 12, Mr. Rubio was (drum roll) a Morman! Hmmm, the plot thickens.


No comments:
Post a Comment