Monday, April 6, 2009

Beating the rush

   As a member of the {soon-to-be-despised} so-called baby boomer generation [albeit at the tail end of the fat rat] I find myself thrust into the imploding Florida newspaper scene in search of work.
   And given the tattered national economy, a swath of those soon-to-be seniors ahead of me won't be retiring anytime soon [as planned] aiming to the bask in the sunny climes of the southern peninsula.
   Those northern boomers are going to be stuck in their tenuous tedium a bit longer, weathering the never-ending chill and fretting that their offspring may be boning up on assisted suicide procedures.
   I've heard of some having to work another five years {or more} past when they aimed to retire as their IRAs went AWOL leaving them SOL.
  As I never really thought of retiring anyway, perhaps this ebb in Florida's incoming will give me a bit more elbow room in the job line.
  In any event, I'm already ensconced in Tampa, ready to step back into the flow.

No comments: