Sunday, January 17, 2010

Y in the world

   Well, one would be forgiven if one wondered "Why did he not spell it "why,'" and truthfully it's because "Y" makes it a better headline.
   But Y is yet another under-appreciated letter, that also can gain even more panache when you wander into other languages, such as Spanish, where it means "and" {an extremely economical use of letters considering how often one uses "and"}.
   Interesting, too, that the pronunciation of "why" seems to reveal an absolute waste of the letters "wh," considering that they add no useful meaning to the pronunciation: I mean why can't "why" just be "y" and be done with it? (Probably because the Spaniards had already established a different meaning for the letter.)
   But I digress.
   The reason why I'm focusing on Y in this new year, is to reveal a shift in my virtual life to younger-kids.com
   My Gnus to Ewes posts will be once a week as Daddy Max will share more of his observations of personal and corporate shortcomings when it comes to dealing with younger children.
  I'm banking that my first-time-dad-bordering-on-budding-geezer-status will make younger-kids.com readable even to those who've never lived the near all-encompassing joy/terror that one navigates while raising young children.

No comments: