Has there been a rougher week for Democrats since Dubya was anointed president nearly a decade ago?
I don't think so. I mean seriously a day before Obama's first anniversary of his inauguration a Republican waltzes away with the Kennedy mantle in Massachusetts; then Nancy Pelosi {in between coughing up fur balls} gives a grim outlook to the health care bill's chances; jobless numbers grow; Haiti worsens; Hillary Clinton slaps the Chinese regarding their stance on internet censorship [and who owns us these days?]; Air America Radio ceases operations; and John Edwards admits, "Yes, that's mah love child I've been lying to everyone about for the last two years."
Ted Kennedy has got to be spinning in his grave.
I'll tell you what this was allllllllllllllll about.
Massachusetts was a reaction to Harry Reid and his slimy, stinking, underhanded, $100 million back-room Medicare payoff to Nebraska — NEBRASKA — in order to get his precious 60th vote for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The 'Honorable' Mr. Reid added the money specifically for Nebraska to buy the vote of holdout centrist Sen. Ben Nelson (D) on the much ballyhooed healthcare legislation. I think for a lot of people, it was the last straw and even though it happened nearly a month ago, the stench of it finally became unbearable.
Did Mr. Reid think nobody would find out? Is he so arrogant that he didn't think there would be outrage and backlash from such an outlandish gambit?
Sheesh! The Dems need to dig up Teddy, prop him up in a chair in the chamber and toss Reid down into the hole and cover his pathetic, crinkly ass up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment