Well, this caught my eye today and it made me wonder about the state of retail. I mean do these people really wonder why they don't have a lot of traffic?
If you ask me, having to translate the name of your store and then stick it on your storefront is asking a bit too much from people you're trying to separate money from. (And considering the window dressing the place appears to be another run of the mill Victoria's Secret wannabe.)
If this is the best you can do, just change the name of the store to I'm Too Sexy For My Freaking Self, and you'd probably pull in just as much business, if not more.
"Cacique" is just too cute and too faux French to be any good.
Again, it seems they're trying just a bit too hard.
{slight pause for some quick 'research'}
Well the definition of "Cacique" reads "An Indian chief, especially in the Spanish West Indies and other parts of Latin America during colonial and postcolonial times," or "A local political boss in Spain or Latin America."
Hmmmmm. I guess meebe it's not French, nor does the window appear to refer to chiefs or political bosses.
Ahh, I've just discovered Cacique is a "plus-size lingerie store" brought to us by Charming Shoppes (who've given us Catherine's, Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant).
Wow, I had no idea such a second-tier retailer could afford the bricks, mortar and rent necessary to serve such a specific market segment and survive in the current climate.
Well, it is Christmas. We'll see if they make it through the 2010 first quarter or if they end up a {cough, cough} bust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
LB has actually had Cacique for more than 4 years and it is the most profitable business Charming Shoppes has. VS doesn't make bras larger than 38, so where does a Plus Size woman find fashionable lingerie? CACIQUE!
Post a Comment