Well, I don't mean for this to be as brutal as the blizzard marching across the country, but I am a bit bemused by the whole middle of summer 'Christmas in July' schemes I used to come across up north.
Because, as it is, I am now in Florida where it's Christmastime but in feels much more like July than December.
But that appears to be part of the price of 'living in paradise.' Yes, the oranges are coming into season and yet I so welcome a dip in the temperatures or a couple days of good hard rain to alter the climactic landscape from time to time.
Don't get me wrong, scraping ice off winshields is not something I pine for, but I do pine for some seasonal pine — that's fir sure.
So this week, a small evergreen tree will sacrifice its roots to ensure my daughter establishes some for 'this most wonderful time of the year.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment